Life Cycle Assessment is a sustainability tool used to determine the environmental impact of a product, process, or service. It is used to benchmark, compare or improve almost anything your business does.
If combined with an iterative design process can be used to reduce impact; one can quantify impacts, but also rank them using indicators
We can work with you to find the right level of assessment, but we generally work with a two levels of depth:
- Screening LCA – Quick assessment to find the most likely negative impacts from the product or service being studied, and apply general impact factors to give a basic understanding of the environmental footprint. May only include certain parts of the life-cycle, such as manufacturing, transport, use, or disposal.
- In-depth LCA – Far more detailed assessment to find all known impacts from a given product or process over the full life-cycle.
- Business strategy
- Design process
- Labeling and declarations
- Goal and scope definition
- Life cycle inventory
- Life cycle impact assessment